Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Xenia Progress!

Well, some new videos featuring Ashe's 360 emu, Xenia, are popping up all over reddit.  Just in case you haven't been keeping up with the progress, I'll link the videos displaying the newly generated progress.




I haven't been able to try this emu for myself because when I try to build the git repo, I get errors due to missing files.  If you want to try it for yourself, go ahead and grab the source from github.  You'll need an x64 version of Windows and a core OpenGL 4 compliant GPU.  I don't have many 360 games, primarily because I don't really like the 360 as a console (XBLA aside), nor do I have Xbox Live, so by debug Xbox just sits on top of it.  I really wouldn't mind playing Bullet Soul on PC, I'll tell you that.

And just in case you are wondering, I haven't contributed to this emulator in any way, shape or form, nor do I think it's a feasible idea to rely on this emu for a means to emulate original titles.  I'd rather have a dedicated emulator with lower system requirements.  Plus, what about Chihiro?  I don't believe the emulator on 360 can emulate that!

Just thought I'd keep you all informed on what our friend Ashe is up to!

Shogun.

3 comments:

  1. MAME/MESS have now the right shot to emulate XBOX Games, the CRC roms working well, and soon we have the console emulated on this emulator. More info on MAMEGIT Website. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me, how to run xbox rom on MAME please●v●

      Delete
  2. Great! My favorite games have Tekken Tourment TAG 2, glad to see this

    ReplyDelete